Sunday, March 25, 2007

Now a family of 3!






Hello All!

We are now a family of three! --What an experience! We arrived in Nanchang about 2 pm and had about one hour to unpack our bags and get back downstairs for a 2 hour meeting. After we got all of our instructions of the “how to’s” we left to go pick up the babies.

Kaitlin was real quiet for about the first 5 minutes and then WOW~!
She has a set of lungs --- we received Kaitlin about 5:45 pm
She cried until about 7:15 –poor thing... but we won her over with Cheerios and a bath --- She loved the bath.

She took about ¾ of her bottle before one of us had to go to another meeting, so Craig stayed with Kaitlin and I went to the meeting. We put her in the stroller and I sent Kaitlin and Craig off to the hallways. He reports that she likes doing wheelies and looking at herself in the mirror.

When I returned though the fun had begun to run out and she was back to wanting comforted. We ate some more cheerios and headed down to the buffet where she ate Congee (watered down rice) and some bread and all the sudden she starting smiling at us!!!
Now she is very upset if I’m out of her sight! She follows Craig with her
eyes everywhere he goes!

Oh and I tried on two of the sleepers that I brought and they were too short –she seems like she has long legs –but we will know more tomorrow when we can actually compare all the babies to each other.

Well, that’s it for now, Craig and I have been up since 2am because we couldn’t sleep and ended up listening to the Buckeye game on the internet so we are very tired.
We have a very busy day tomorrow and will try to post again or send email with photos. More about the city of Nanchang tomorrow also.

Oh and by the way, this week I will have to email with updates because for
some reason we can’t get to our blogs... we think they are blocked.

Enjoy the photos

Love Traci, Craig and Kaitlin

PS. If you see someone that I may have missed please forward the blog to them.
PSS. Sorry for the delay or double email and possible triple post--I'm having difficulty getting to our blog - right now I'm guessing at what buttons to push to publish because everything is in Chinese characters!

9 comments:

The Browning Family said...

she is so sweet. We are here watching every word and can't wait to see more pics.
kindra

The Browning Family said...

she is so sweet. We are here watching every word and can't wait to see more pics.
kindra

Melissa said...

CONGRATS! She is beautiful! And welcome to parenthood! It is a crazy and amazing ride! You all look so happy! I am grinning ear to ear!

Enjoy! And keep posting!!!! =)

Anonymous said...

She is so pretty and that smile just makes you melt! The 3 of you look really good! The long wait was definitely worth it, right?!? What a sweetie! Can't wait to hold her! You guys have truly made our day!
Our love,
Donna & Bill

Ted and Nancy said...

Congratulations! We keep looking at all of Kaitlyn's hair. That just means lots of bows to go with all of her darling outfits.
Enjoy,
Nancy and Lili

Anonymous said...

I am not sure if I was able to leave a comment on this site or I instant messaged it to you.

She looks like a keeper like we would have wanted to send her back!! Can't wait to see and hold her.

Mom

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your little Angel. She looks like a sweetie pie. We are delighted that everything is going well. We are with you every step of the way and enjoy reading your posts and looking at your pictures.

Mike, Shannon, Grace and Lindsay

Alyson and Ford said...

Congratulations! We are watching and learning from you. We can't wait until our turn. Take care of yourselves.

Alyson

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you, Craig and Kaitlin! We can't wait to see her!!! Ron, Gina and Doug U