Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A day at the Pagoda

Outside enjoying the sunshine~!--It's about 76 here today


Banana anyone! (it actually looks like it's in her nose here but is was on top)







These are our guides... Evelyn and James --They work for our Adoption agency and We love them!



Everyday on the bus we get a little Chinese lesson.


Today has been a GREAT day! --Kaitlin slept from 8:15 pm until just before 7am ---Yeah! and after giving her the bottle she played for over an hour --and was very happy!



Happy Happy Day! --Did I mention how much she loves bananas! I mean - she will woof an entire banana down in less than a few moments - all the girls go crazy when they see the bananas, so we figure they must have given them to them quite often.

This morning after breakfast she turned in a flash to be unhappy --I think we are feeding something that is giving her gas ---so I scooped her up and came up to the room with her and about 20 minutes later --Happy camper again! So off to the Pagoda and 'New Nanchang'!

New Nanchang is beautiful, but hardly anyone is there -- James our guide said that we didn't stay in that part because we would struggle finding restaurants open and grocery stores, etc.
It's like being at Hilton Head but only you are the only ones there! - Brand new city , beautiful buildings but no one is home.

We got some really neat video yesterday and today, but I forgot to bring the correct cord to download it -- so I'll talk to someone else in our group later and see if someone has a cord I can borrow.

So far today here are some pics -- we are doing our own thing for dinner tonight and then tomorrow we are traveling to the country side and the free market where the shopping will begin! (squeaky shoes here we come) Oh and by the way how about this --table of 8 adults 3 children lunch cost us $5 a person served family style and we couldn't even begin to eat everything they brought us. Unbelievable the prices!

By the way, Kaitlin had a check-up yesterday by the local doctor (they do this for all the girls) and everything turned out fine -- it was very basic checkup -- he said her throat was a little red... but probably from her crying and she is getting better with her cold.

Well gotta go video Craig... he is going to be the human 'Frogger' to cross the street.

Love you all - God Bless

Traci, Craig and Kaitlin

Ps. Yesterday I got to see Bogey on the webcam at my brothers and it brought tears to my eyes... can't wait to see him again! These two are going to have fun together --I can tell.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just sent you a message and I either deleted or sent it before I was finished. Sorry!!

It is nice to see pictures of Kaitlin smiling and happy. All of you look like your are having a great time.

Maybe she isn't eating something wrong, maybe that is just her internal schedule?? Hope Craig made it across the street easier this time.

Mom

Ted and Nancy said...

Traci, Craig, and Kaitlyn,
Love the new pictures! The smiling face is adorable. Sleep tight and enjoy your outing tomorrow.
Love,
Nancy and Lili

Anonymous said...

Hi Traci,Craig, and Little Kaitlin

What a wonderful smile! You can tell she is enjoying that banana.

So happy everything went well with the doctor visit. Have fun sight seeing. Can't wait to see all the pictures.

April 5 seems so far away yet but it really isn't.

xxoo, Barb & Pete

Anonymous said...

KNow what to buy her now when you get home....bananas! The cutest picture ever! She looks so happy now..her new life is starting with so many wonderful things ahead of her!
Love, Donna and Bill

The Browning Family said...

Love the pictures. Keep the posts coming. we are watching!!!
kindra larry kat

Anonymous said...

If Kaitlin slept from 8:15 until 7:30 does that mean the two of you slept from 8:15 until 7:30??? Looks like things are improving daily. She sure is a cutiepie!! Woody likes bananas, too, so we're sure he's going to like her, too. Although, he may fight her for a banana! Keep the pictures coming - we love seeing them! Megan has been watching, too.

love, sabra, mark, megan, cory, and woody